I vaguely remember making something like this last year. I think the recipe was from a Trader Joe’s newsletter. At any rate, the recipe is long gone so I just did my thing and it turned out wonderfully. This works great as a side or even the main attraction. Its got plenty of protein from the beans and quinoa and the raw veggies will provide you with a wonderful dose of vitamins! Oh yeah, it’s also delicious.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup olives (of your choice)
- 2 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or hemp oil
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put it all in a bowl, mix it up. Done!
- Garnish with cilantro or other green (I only had celery leaves—isn’t it pretty?)