We. Are. Back. We got back to the states two days ago, just in time for some Thanksgiving lovin’ and grubbin’. I was ecstatic to be able to cook for the first time in a few months and in a full kitchen at that! Yeah!
While sitting on a beach in Thailand, I was discussing vegan Thanksgiving possibilities with my cousin Allie. All of the sudden pumpkin hummus popped into my mind. I couldn’t wait to get home and try it. Its makes for a super healthy pre-dinner treat to snack on while you’re prepping the meal (goes great with a glass of wine). So I went for it today and was delighted with how it turned out. Here’s how I did it:
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice from half large lemon
- 1 can (16 oz) pumpkin puree 0r 2 cups prepared pumpkin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- pepper to taste
- Place all liquids and spices in food processor and blend
- add garbanzo beans and blend
- when big chunks are out, pour in pumpkin puree and blend until smooth
- serve with veggies/crackers/pitas or spread of bread for a delicious sandwich
This is a great one for those holiday parties you’ll be attending this season!