It’s your lucky day! I have another holiday recipe for ya! Being a vegetarian on Thanksgiving was never really a problem. Pretty much everything except the turkey was fair game. These days, I have to be a bit more proactive to make sure I feel like I’ve eaten a proper holiday meal.
One of my favorites holiday dishes is sweet potatoes with pomegranate seeds. It’s a cinch and I’ve received only great reports. The left overs make an amazing post-Thanksgiving breakfast!
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Mix it all together in a baking dish
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, until sweet potato is soft
So, to wrap up the Thanksgiving recipes, I’m going to give you a quite overview of the vegan goodness that was at our table:
- pumpkin hummus
- sundried tomato hummus
- homemade bread (normal and with olives)
- Roasted Vegetable with Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary
- Sweet Potatoes with Pomegranate Seeds
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Typically I’d throw a green salad into the mix but between mine and the traditional dishes, our table was pretty full. I’m looking forward to a holiday season of new baking and cooking adventures! Stay tuned!