Day Three of Raw Challenge! I bet you’re wondering what the heck we’ve been eating, eh? Here’s a look at what I/we ate today along with a recipe for stuffed mushrooms which was modified from Brendan Braiezer’s newest book Thrive Foods.
8:00 Green Tea, Orange (Pre-run)
10:00 Recovering Smoothie: banana, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, handful swiss chard, 1/2 cucumber, hemp protein, flaxseed, maca powder, chia seeds, squeeze of agave nectar, water
1:00 Big Salad: Mixed greens, sprouted quinoa and barley, carrots, green pepper, left-over salsa (from our raw New Year’s Fiesta), almonds (soaked).
4:00-6:00 Dried mangos, 1/2 pear, raw almonds (snacking)
7:30 Raw green soup, stuff mushrooms, small green salad
9:30 Yogi bedtime tea
- 15-20 button mushrooms
- bit of olive oil and salt (to massage mushrooms)
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked
- 1/2 green pepper
- About 12 sundried tomatoes (soaked)–he uses red bell pepper, I didn’t have any.
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- Soak almonds for about 6 hours in purified water (I try to keep these guys on hand in my fridge)
- De-stem mushrooms and massage caps gently with olive oil and salt. Brendan says to let them sit for 2 hours but I couldn’t be bothered. We were hungry!
- Mix/chop the almonds, green pepper, sundried tomoatoes, celery, garlic, olive oil and salt in a food processor.
- Stuff the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Eat those suckers.