This delicious (and raw) recipe is modified from Mr. Brendan Braizer’s Thrive Foods. The sause is zingy and filling while the kelp noodles and raw veggies give it a wonderful crunch.
Kelp noodles are a great alternative to wheat and rice based pastas. Kelp, like many sea plants, is loaded with nutrients that are known to aid digestion and metabolism. Additionally, kelp helps with thyroid function, strengthens bones and teeth, and improves your circulatory system. potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and iodine. It also contains enzymes, vitamins, trace elements, and more than 21 amino acids. Dang, eh?
Add some fresh veggies, a few spices, and some protein and you’ve got yourself a super quick, super nutrious, and super satisfying raw meal.
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tps salt
- 1 pinch chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili flakes
The rest of it:
- 1 cup/1 package kelp noodles (rinsed)
- 1/2 bell pepper of your choosing sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup juliened carrots
- 1 cucumber sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sprouted tofu cubes
- Raw cashews
- blend all sauce ingredients in food processor
- toss everything together
- garnish with cilantro and cashews