As part of my effort to try new breakfast recipes and shake up our mornings–I made some of this Cashew Cream French Toast from Brendan Brazier’s Thrive Energy Cookbook. The recipe made way more than I expected it to, which is great because I have just been storing the extra batter in a jar in the fridge for the last few days, making breakfast super simple. I was delighted to discover Costco now carries Silver Hills Sprouted Bread! Sprouted grains are easier for our bodies to digest—its like eating a living food! Yeah for life!
Cashew Cream French Toast
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked over night
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash or two of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4 slices bread of your choosing (sprouted is best)
- Blend first 5 ingredients in the blender.
- preheat skillet with oil over medium heat
- dip bread into batter
- cook both sides until golden brown
- serve with coconut cream and fruit of your liking!
Place a can of full fat coconut cream in the fridge over night
in the food processor, process coconut cream and 2-5 dates until well blended