I won’t complain for one second about the abundance of pumpkins in my life lately. Yesterday while picking up our CSA share and visiting the goats, Farmer Mark told us we could help ourselves to a pile of pumpkins that had lost their stems and needed to be eaten ASAP. So today, Leif, Geo and I cooked that pumpkin up and made something a little out of the ordinary– Cheezy Pumpkin Sauce! I started with a recipe from Ohsheglows.com and worked from there! I love how it turned out! I mixed it with whole wheat penne but it would also be yummy on rice or quinoa or any grain of your liking!
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 TBSL corn starch
- handful sage leaves
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- a couple kale leaves torn up
- sauté garlic and onions until translucent
- place in blender with pumpkin and blend until smooth
- In a medium bowl, whisk together everything but the kale and pumpkin mixture
- add in pumpkin mix and whisk together and then place in a sauce pan and heat over med heat, add chopped kale
- Mix with grain or pasta of your choosing. I sprinkled with a bit of cayenne to give it a kick!