Or as I like to call it, “Holy Crap!” Sauce. That’s how much I like it. I was getting a bit playful with pizza sauce this weekend. We typically do a kale pesto-style pizza but I was wanting something different and I had a bunch of gorgeous heirloom tomatoes that were on the verge of rotting so I started dreaming. The result was a sauce that made me say, “Holy Crap!” I put it on our pizza this weekend and I used it on my veggies today for lunch (I had leftover pizza toppings that that quickly whipped into a delicious bowl). With out further adieu- I’m going to let you in on the magic.
- I cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 plus hours
- 4-5 medium/large heirloom tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- handful of fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the tomatoes into large chucks and roast along with garlic, basil, salt and pepper at 350 degrees until they are nice’n gooey.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth!
- Use as a pizza sauce, over pasta or a grain, or just over veggies!