I have emerged from the first trimester nausea and food aversions and am excitedly able to stomach things such as green leafy salads again! Hurray! I mean, I still crave heartier, breadier things but at least I’m also getting my veggies in! It is a step in the right direction, for sure.
So much has happened in the last month. Business has launched. Website went up today. Momentum is building. So much to celebrate! But this is for another post. Today, I simply would like to share this most scrumptious wrap I had for lunch.
Tempeh Salad Wrap with Orange-Miso Dressing and Hummus
Serves 2 normal people or 1 pregnant runner (hey–I only ate one tortilla)
- 4 cups mixed greens (I used kale, spinach, brussel sprouts, red cabbage)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 8 kalamata olives
- 1/2 block tempeh copped
- ¼ cup hummus
- 2 sprouted wraps
- Toast tempeh over medium heat (no oil needed)
- Chop all the veggies and mix in bowl
- Toss in tempeh and 2-3 Tablespoons of dressing
- Spread hummus on tortillas
- Place salad mix on tortillas and WRAP IT UP!
- You might have leftover salad, put that ish on the side and eat your heart out.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 Tablespoon mild miso paste
- Splash apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 whole tangerines
- Water to the consistency of your liking (add a little at a time)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients in blender.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.