These brownies are gooey and decadent without being full of sugar and gunk. I’ve been having these as an afternoon snack with a little vegan yogurt and berries and, you guys, its pretty amazing. I’ve also been pinching off a little and forming them into little “bites” for my green smoothie bowl in the morning. Any time I can justify brownies for breakfast, I’m in. Not to mention that my smoothie bowls taste like ice-cream but leave me feeling energized and satisfied. Hip-Hip-Hooray–Dessert for breakfast!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 medium roasted sweet potato, skin removed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (from can)
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into chunks. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes. Flipping once.
- Combine all ingredients expect the chocolate chips in a food processor and process until smooth.
- stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper and smooth brownie mix into dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Try not to eat entire pan with a spoon.